vendredi 13 novembre 2015

My year project in Master Sport Innovation Management and Engineering Project




As part of my STAPS course, we have to find and create our own project in order to learn to manage correctly a project from its begining to its end.
I'am a horserider so ideally I would have wanted to develop something in the horse field. I had the luck to can! So glad!

At the beginning of the month of September, I had an accident with my horse. He just hindered himself and brought me to the floor with him. I had a real physic and emotional shock further to that.
Fortunately, I was wearing a riding hat which has really cushioned the impact on my head.
After that accident, I told myself there is something to improve in terms of security products in the equestrian world. That's the little story, the triggering factor which turned us towards our current project.

The idea was to find a system which allows to protect the whole body of the riders in order that there is no more bodily traumatism during the practise.
We have 6 months to work on the project so we decided to look at it again to simplify it: 6 months is not enough to do a such project and we are not engineer in biotechnology...

We read some bodily traumatism study report in horseriding to discover which part of our body is the most expose in case of fall.
The report has showed us it was essentially the head and the neck so we just tried to find an other way to protect this part of the body. After reflexion, we found the idea of reinforce the hull of the riding hat with an airbag as well as the neck ...    We just want riders could practise horseriding in better conditions.

2 commentaires:

  1. Have you done a market study and looked at competitors yet? Here is one I found:
    http://www.troxelhelmets.com/pages/about-us

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Yes we have started but it is far from being finished! Thank you for the link I'm going to study that!

      Supprimer