jeudi 19 novembre 2015

Teos : my horse


I have always dreamed in my life to have one day my own horse.

I'm native from Alsace (East of France) and by moving to Auvergne my parents told me I could realize my dream. The move created some psychological trouble which made I stopped my studies this year. I felt uproot and lost in my life. The idea of having my horse in a close future had been very beneficial for me in my personal reconstruction.
I searched a lot before finding mine. Then, I found an announcement for a horse which were located in Angers in France. I had a crush on him directly by seeing him on the announcement. He presented all the characteristics I wished for my future horse: chestnut, white marking on four legs and a special blaze on his face and was made to do jumping, the discipline I like.
I decided to show the announcement to my parents to tell them it was this horse I wanted and the adventure began.

One day, we took the car to Angers in order to meet Teos and his old owner.
First of all, I met Teos and take a time to enter in connection with him. Then, we made the tidiness before mounting on his back. We put the necessary equipment on Teos : saddle carpet, saddle and bridle and me, I have just to put my helmet because I have already worn my specific equipment.
We led to the carrer, place where we ride horses. I began by warming up Teos in the three speeds (walk, trot, gallop) in order he will be ready for the second part of the work which consisted to jump.
I remember the jump time was not a jollification... He was trained to jump like a steeplechase horse  (horse racing) and horses who are chosen for that type of competitions don't jump the same way than the ones who are doing jumping competitions. The first ones jump have a lack of technical nature in the way they jump: it means when they arrive towards an obstacle they just jump the way it arrives whatever if it comfortable for the horse rider (it is sometimes a little bit freestyle) whereas for jumping competitions the horse has to pass his back up in order to jump the obstacle by rounding him off.  It is the optimal position for a horse and his horse rider to jump an obstacle correctly and in the best security conditions in order to take the most height and not making errors.

After that time of jump I was not sure I will bring him with me to Auvergne even he was adorable. When I went back to the stable, we took of the horse equipment and the owner told me : "Bring him to the field without holding the halter thong, you will see he will follow you!".
After he gaves me that information I tried and Teos have exactly had this attitude! It was so magic, not so much horses follow people in that way. I told myself at this moment, this horse has definitely something special and even if there was work to bring him in the good way to obstacle, I didn't care. He was young and it is a thing which can change whereas the comportement, the soul of a horse is unique.

One months later, he was in a stable in Cusset near Vichy and this wonderful adventure started from that time. It takes a lot of time to take care of them, to train them but you don't regret if you are passionate because horses give you back so much in return of our investment that you forget the amount of time you spend in this activity whereas you could put that time in others.
It is just a life choice, choice defines according to what matters to me!

1 commentaire:

  1. Hello, me and my friends from Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Poland are doing a research project connected with blogging and language learning. We would like to ask you some questions about your experience concerning blogging. Could you please give us your email address? I look forward to hearing from you soon. Best wishes, Kasia.

    RépondreSupprimer